The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The nursery

I did go to my local nursery yesterday, and like always had a wonderful time.  Like I said they start some of the seedlings in February so I went and spent some time with the babies :)
I have to admit, being there is my happy place.  It completely calms me after a hard day at work or just a lovely Saturday morning, it's just such a peaceful place to be.
I looked through the veggies to see what I wanted to plant this year, I think I would like to try square foot gardening.  I find it an interesting concept and since I don't have a huge amount of space garden boxes are the right choice for my back yard. 
I do like the idea of pest confusion by planting different plants together, since I would like to keep my garden as organic as possible I will not be using conventional pest control methods.
I will try all organic solutions and I will be ordering ladybugs again.  They were fantastic last year, I had them in my house for my herbs.  They just hung around my herbs and windows and never moved to interior of my house, and they are just fun to watch.
So I leave you with a nursery shot :). Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment