The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Storing your seeds

So I saw this on Pinterest and thought, what an awesome idea.  I have in the past been known to throw out the extra seeds that I don't use, or I put them somewhere and forget where they are and re-buy them.  But if you have an old cd storage book (you know, the ones with the plastic pages where u insert 4 cd's per page in that little sleeve), well works great for seed packets :).  I didn't have one kicking around so I went to my local dollar store and picked one up for $2.00, it's nothing fancy but will do the trick.  Since I already started buying seeds for this spring I needed somewhere to put them, and I love this idea.  
I also went to my local nursery to check on the babies,  they're doing great ;) and of course I did not come home empty handed.
New orchid!!!  Yeah!!

2 comments:

  1. Neat Idea! Pinterest wins again!

    FYI: its a good idea to write the date (mainly year) on the packages when you buy them. As some seeds can last several years this can come in handy later! Its also a good idea to look for a date stamp of some sort when you buy your seeds to make sure you aren't buying old/out dated supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very good idea :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete