The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Petunias are blooming

Sorry I haven't been doing the step by step on my petunias this year, but they pretty much went the same as last year.  With one exception of course, the light garden!!
So this year my petunias look fantastic.  They are nice and full and not leggy at all, for me it was a great investment.  And since they are selling plants my size for $3.99 at the local nursery I have about  $150.00 dollars worth of petunias, all of which I collected the seeds from last year.
I also have about  30 snapdragon plants and I planted 40 marigolds today, so I figure I will get my money back out of it within 3 years. Maybe even sooner but to be perfectly honest, I don't care :) I love starting my own plants, it's my very happy place so to me it's worth every penny.
I forgot to mention the pansies, dahlias, herbs, eucalyptus, forget me nots, lavender, carrots, cucumber and tomatoe. Lol. Although my cucumber doesn't love it under the lights, it grows a couple of leaves then they dry up and fall off.
The carrots are doing well, I was trying to see if I could grow them through out the winter.  Not sure if I want to do that, since there are plants I can start in January I might forgo veggie growing in the winter.
I might just do micro greens and herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment