The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Halibut

I'm not afraid to admit it, I don't like fish.  However I'm always willing to try new things.
So I've been asking friends and co-workers what type of fish to eat that doesn't have that really fishy taste.
Halibut seemed to be the one that kept coming up, now I know what you're thinking, how could you not have tried Halibut yet!  Well I was sure I've eaten it, but then when I thought long and hard on it I don't think I ever have.  I love lobster and crab just not a fan of fish.
Well I decided to try it out, so I bought myself a nice little halibut steak and this is what I did.

Placed the halibut onto a piece of parchment paper and seasoned it with,
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Lemon
Garlic
And butter
As you guys know I'm not a measurement kinda a gal so I sprinkled a bit of everything on it, and it was about a tablespoon of butter.
I closed the parchment paper over the fish and put it in the oven for about 20min at 400 or until it flakes under your fork.
I sautéd some spinach with butter and pepper and wa la, dinner.  Now I have to say, I would definitely eat this again, so if you don't particularly like fish but want to eat it (because it's good for you) then halibut is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment