The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Transplanting oops

My rosemary finally rooted in my window sill and I was very excited to transplant it today. Luckily I have 3 little plants to transplant.
I took my first plant out of the water and went to place it in my pot of dirt and figured because it was such a strong little plant I would just place it into the loose dirt and then pack around it.

DO NOT DO THAT!!!.
Because I didn't make a small hole to place the plant in I striped all the new roots right off the plant :( even though the roots look very strong and healthy they are still VERY fragile.
I did not make the same mistake with my other two rosemary plants.  Make the hole first with your finger.
I put the rosemary plant that I striped the roots off of back into water and hopefully it will root again.  I planted the other two and placed them into my light garden.

So with that, live and learn.  I've transplanted a lot and I still make boo boos and will continue to make boo boos.  Point is, learn from them and continue onwards.

Happy winter gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment