The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Aqua Farm

I picked up my very own Aqua Farm today!!!
I've been looking at this thing for at least a year now, I saw it once on a twitter or FB post and thought it was one of the coolest things ever!
I had been keeping my eyes on it and couldn't wait until it was available in Canada, and now it is.  You can get them on amazon.ca or at Pet Valu stores, I got mine at Pet Valu today.

Here is the link for Amazon.
 http://www.amazon.ca/Back-Roots-Aqua-Farm-3600gm/dp/B00CN52TRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417401832&sr=8-1&keywords=aquafarm 

Or here is the Pet Valu Website
  http://www.petvalu.com/

I've had a couple of Beta fish in my life but never have I been able to grow food at the same time, this thing is so awesome.  I love the idea of this little ecosystem, and growing food at the same time as raising a little fish is so amazing to me.  The tank is a nice size for a beta and the growing trays on top are well laid out.  I love the entire design, my only tiny complaint (and I wouldn't even call it a complaint) is that the top is white.  There might be a purpose as to why it's white, but when dealing with plants or anything really I'm not a fan of white.  There is no dirt however so the white might not even be an issue in the end :)
There is no light that comes with it but that lets you decide how you want to light it, I bought a string of battery powered lights and taped them to the back of the tank for in the evening.  Turned out pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Perseus (the fish) is doing well in his new home and I can't wait to see what starts growing.  I planted the organic basil and wheat grass that comes with the tank and also added dill, cilantro and lettuce.  I'm so excited to finally have this thing in my house!  It's so perfect for those winter blues!  If you want to know more about the Aqua Farm here is the Back to Roots link.
https://www.backtotheroots.com/

Good night everyone and happy indoor gardening!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment