The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Baby Tomatoes

Happy 2015 everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!  Mine was very relaxing and I actually found time to play in my light garden a bit.

I transplanted my baby tomato plants that I started from seed at the end of November yesterday. For my soil mix I used organic potting soil,  perlite, sand and worm castings. I'm trying this mixture because I have found that in the past my soil for my plants in the light garden has been a little dense so I'm hoping this will lighten it up a bit and provide good drainage.  Because we all know that tomatoes hate wet feet :)

I also bought some organic seaweed liquid fetilizer because I found that after a month or so my plants in the light garden seem to get a little stunted, so I'm hoping this will help.  It's a very light fertilizer that can be used every time you water, 5-1-1 I believe.  I still haven't perfected my lightgarden growing technique so if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

I really just would love to grow food all year around and not just in our short summer growing season.
Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment