The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Test results

I received my results from my blood and urine tests today.  I guess I should explain, there is a wonderful non-profit organization in my town that specializes in prevention medicine.  Made up of naturopaths, nurses and doctors, they do extensive blood and urine analyses to pinpoint any deficiencies in your body.
They do the same tests that your family doctor does when he/she thinks there might be something wrong but go into way more detail, testing every little thing.
Pretty much any test you can think of they do.  Upon receiving your results they make recommendations on how to go about correcting any concerns that have come up. 
Living in the north we are all vitamin D deficient, so it was no surprise when that came back low.
Otherwise my vitamins and minerals were all pretty good.
In the heavy metal department I have high amounts of lead in my system, so I have a follow up appointment with a naturopath to help reduce it. Otherwise no heavy metals were detected.
I do have elevated cholesterol so I have to work on that, upping my omega 3's and my vitamin D intake will help with that.  Since my diet has already changed and I'm no longer eating fast or processed foods I'm half way there, but my overall risk for heart disease is minimal and I want to keep it that way.
It would have been interesting to test before my diet change and then now, but I guess I will just have to wait a year :)
I had a low glutathione level, which is the body's major detoxifying protein.  So I will be working on raising those levels as well.  Apparently eating animal proteins helps with that... SWEET!!
But overall my health status is very good, and all other body functions are in great shape. I test again in a year so it will be interesting to compare the results.
This is an amazing organization and I'm very lucky to be apart of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment