The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

More Bees

So I wasn't sure how this was all going to work, I read about it, followed the instructions, but I didn't think it was going to work exactly how everything said it would work. But it has!

I was sitting out front in my flower bed weeding and moving a few perennials around when I heard them, BEES. More importantly, my bees.  I was so excited to see them again,  I was hoping I would but you never know they are solitary bees after all.  The instructions did say that if I was lucky and all goes well I would see the females return to the bee house.

Well I saw at least three different bees return to the house, and one fat local. I'm pretty sure she wasn't one that I released.  The other females all seemed to give each other their space except the fat local one, she was a little mean and went in after one of my bees, there was a short scuffle and then the big local bee left.  My little bee seemed ok and flew off then came back shortly.

I hung my bee mud close by and hopefully things will continue to go well and I will have new bees for next year.  The video to there release and where to get them is in the previous post. This is so exciting, I sat there for almost an hour watching them.  They are the cutest little bees I've ever seen, I had them flying around my head and I was really close to the house.  Such a gentle bee.  I love it, this was definitely worth doing and I would recommend it to anyone with a garden!

Ooh, I also have a nesting pair of birds in my bird house.

No comments:

Post a Comment