The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wonton Soup

So I've really been craving wonton soup, and I've been eating it from our local Chinese restaurant. Which is amazing BUT, well you know.

So I decided to make my own, I have to say it turned out not bad at all!
Here is what I did.

1 pkg of ground pork
1 ham steak
4 green onions
3 carrots
1 C mushrooms 
1 baby Bok Choy 
1 carton low sodium organic chicken broth
1 small brocoli top
1 egg
1 Tbsp apple & sage spice from epicure
A sprinkle of salt
A sprinkle of coconut flour
Celery salt to taste

In a mixing bowl combine pork, egg, epicure spice, salt and coconut flour. Hand mix together and form little balls. In a soup pot bring chicken broth to a boil and carefully drop pork balls in. Turn down to a simmer and cut your veggies.  Cut 1/2 the ham steak into chunks and add to your soup. Simmer for about 10-15min until balls start to float. Add your veggies and celery salt, simmer for about another 5 min and wa la, wonton soup. I may play around with the spices a bit more but I quite enjoyed it .

No comments:

Post a Comment