The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Second Orchid

My second orchid, or I guess third, is in bloom!  It opened up this morning.  I've been feeling a little neglectful towards my orchids lately because I've been so busy with my spring flowers and planting my garden.

My baby orchid from last year finally lost its one and only bloom a couple of days ago.  Not bad for a one year old, it bloomed for about 6 weeks. Momma orchid on the other hand is still going strong with no sign of flower drop yet :) so exciting! 

I think I have finally done it, I've been able to get my orchids to rebloom, I haven't killed any new orchids in the last two years.  I even did a little experimenting with one of my orchids in a wall mount bird cage, and it grew a new leaf.  I think I finally figured it out.  I guess it's onto the next :). Not sure what that is exactly but I'm sure I will write about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment