The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Veggies are out

I planted my veggies last weekend and some have already come up! 
I will talk about that more when more are up and I can take some pictures.

Today I planted all my baby veggies outside, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumber and melons.  I liked the idea to have them in pots last year.  I did that with my leftovers after I had planted the bulk of them in my raised beds.  Although I did get zucchini and squash, they took over my beds and I had a hard time managing them up there. 

The ones I had done in their own pots later in the year worked out great, so this year I decided to put them all into their own individual pots.  The only thing I didn't like last year was that grass grew between them and it was awful to mow (according to my husband) and once the squash took hold of the fence you couldn't move the pots.

So this year my husband put landscape ties on the ground and I put some landscape fabric down underneath so no more grass.  My yard is sloped so I put a 2X4 down and set the backend of the pots down onto it so now they are level.
I'm hoping this works better and I get a decent yield :) I will still use the fence for them to crawl up.  Every year I learn something new, I really love this hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment