The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Butternut squash stuffing fritters

Today I really wanted to make something yummy with my butternut squash. I didn't just want to make the usual so I decided on fritters.  I've never made fritters using squash before but it's so similar to a potato I figured why not.
So here it is.

1 butternut squash
2 Tbsp of stuffing seasoning mix.  I like epicure's apple sage stuffing mix.
1 Tsp of onion powder
1 Tsp of salt.  Omit if your seasoning has salt in it.
2 eggs

Grate butternut squash in a large mixing bowl then add all other ingredients, mix well.  Turn stovetop on medium heat and melt a little butter in a non stick pan.  Scoop a wooden spoon size scoop into pan and flatten with the spoon and sear.  Cook until tender, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment