The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Alternative to soy

I have found an alternative to soy, eating primal you don't eat soy and legumes or at least limit them as much as possible. However I do like soy sauce.
 To read more about legumes and soy products and their affects on health visit;
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/lectins/#axzz2pYatgN8s

So I've been searching the internet and have found coconut aminos, it's basically coconut sap and sea salt.  Tastes similar to soy sauce with just a hint of sweetness.  And if your worried about the coconut flavor, don't be, it does not have a coconut flavor. It's gluten free, dairy free and non-GMO. 
I'm going to try it out tonight on some duck thighs I bought at the grocery store later today, I will let you know how it turns out. 
For those of you that have tried it and have recipes please feel free to share :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment