The Albino Moose

The Albino Moose
Don't worry, I didn't eat her!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

A little Saturday project

I really wanted to mount at least one of my orchids on the wall, ideally I wanted to attach it to a nice piece  of drift wood. I might still do that with one of my other orchids.
A few days ago friends of mine invited me over to make a string garden, there are some cool tutorials on youtube on how to make them. We used spider plants, but I decided to bring one of my orchids and an air plant to make my string garden.  They were a great success and a blast to make.
When I got my mini phalanopsis home I was trying to figure out how to hang it, I didn't really want to hang from the ceiling.  So I went out today in search of a hanger to hang my little plant from.
I found one!!
Well a wall mount bird cage, I love it.  So rather than suspending the plant in the air I decided to arrange it in the the bird cage with a couple of other little foliage plants from Walmart.
It worked out really well and I think it looks great.  I used some sphagnum moss on the bottom of the cage to hold in the dirt from the house plants and then some decorative moss to make it look pretty.  The orchid was all wrapped up in orchid mix and sphagnum moss then held together by string just like in the youtube videos.
Now I have a mini living wall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment